Futrus® is dedicated to developing modular solid surface solutions that truly meet the demands of healthcare and commercial environments. Our design and manufacturing team are credited with over 33 years of experience as one of the Midwest’s pioneering fabricators of DuPont™ Corian® solid surface. We are also an AWI Quality Certified manufacturer. We combine our expert knowledge and design skills to create modular solid surface solutions that are durable, beautiful, flexible, and innovative for today’s and tomorrow’s healthcare and commercial environments. We consult with leading architects and relevant design professionals from across the world in order to develop our products to the very highest standards.
AWI is a trademark of the Architectural Woodwork Institute
At the heart of our design and manufacturing process is a commitment to protect today’s environment and tomorrow’s. We use materials that are nontoxic, recyclable, repairable and GREENGUARD® certified. Corian® solid surface meets the current emissions guidelines* for volatile organic compounds (VOCs), hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) and are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. Each of our casework and furniture pieces are based on optimal material utilization and decreased shipping weights. What’s more, their durability and adaptability help ensure they will last a lifetime and earn you LEED credits. In 2012, DuPont Building Innovations achieved Zero Landfill by eliminating 81 million pounds of manufacturing waste and repurposing scrap materials such as Corian® for other uses. *Low-VOC emission standards have been established by the following organizations:
- IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer)
- NTP (National Toxicology Program)
- OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration)
- NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- ACGIH (American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists)
- CA Prop. 65 (California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, better known by its original name of Proposition 65).
- CA OEHHA (California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment)
- NAAQS (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Ambient Air Quality Standards)